[RE-wrenches] real world example - fuel saving with battery bank

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 05:49:59 PDT 2012

Ron,
If you send me the load profile, insolation (or location), fuel price,
generator and PV equipment specifications, I will send you back an analysis
of the design options which will show the savings very clearly. It will
also tell you the duty cycle for the generator and the levelized cost of
energy for each scenario. This should help you to identify the right
combination of equipment and help close the deal.

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 12:17 AM, Ron Young <solareagle at solareagle.com>wrote:

> Hi Wrenches,
> I'm putting together a proposal for a national company that has a few
> remote installations. They are looking for options for saving generator
> run-time using an inverter-charger/battery combo with the existing gensets.
> Does anyone have any real world examples of realized fuel savings in this
> type of scenario? They run generators 24/7 and a lot of the dusk to dawn
> energy requirement is well below the daytime needs. Appreciate any ideas or
> examples.
>
> Ron Young
>
> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
> Options & settings: