[RE-wrenches] No underside access metal biulding attachment

toddcory at finestplanet.com toddcory at finestplanet.com
Thu Mar 15 12:50:55 PDT 2012

i think bob o once said he used ss pop rivets on a job like this.

todd

On Thursday, March 15, 2012 9:26am, "lars Ortegren" <lars at cal-solar.com> said:

Wrenches,
We have a project coming up where we are installing a large array on a low slope metal building with metal purlins. Typically we would through bolt our attachment to the purlins, but in this case the building is a self-storage, and access is not an option. Does anyone out there have experience with any top side only metal-metal attachments? I’ve thought about using some larger sized stainless self-tapping screws, but I worry about the pull out strength (as the roof combined with the c-channel purlins are only about 1/8”) and the effects of heat and cooling of the roof backing the screws out over time. Any thoughts ?

Lars Ortegren

Director of Operations
California Solar Electric Company
10141 Evening Star Drive, Suite 6
Grass Valley, CA 95945
[http://www.californiasolarco.com/] http://www.californiasolarco.com/

Phone : (530)274-3671
Fax: (530)274-7518

California C-10 Electical Contractor #779624
NABCEP Certified PV Installer # 091110-89
Certified NABCEP Continuing Education Provider
More about NABCEP:

http://www.nabcep.org/

Sent from Finest Planet WebMail.