[RE-wrenches] Apparent power

Comet Systems cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 16:30:58 PST 2012

Ray,
The idea that the utility in an island is seeing an advantage to having PV
on the grid is a huge concept for me.  As  I am based in a small island
with a utility that is scared of solar pv installations, this concept is
tremendous ammunition for me. I am also fascinated by the idea of PV
installations as a corrective power source, the possibilities for this are
tremendous.
If there is any more information anyone can offer on the impact of PV on an
island grid, I would be very interested to hear.  I am going to write an
article on my blog and in print on how other islands are benefiting from
solar, so anything you can tell me will help to build this story.

Chris Mason