[RE-wrenches] Apparent power

boB at midnitesolar.com boB at midnitesolar.com
Sat Feb 4 18:05:33 PST 2012

Sounds like a voltage source (and sinking) inverter to me.

These types can cause current distortion which the UL1741 / IEEE 1547
specs try to prevent.

Apparent must be able to  turn that mode on and off I would imagine.
It's not too difficult to do.  No wonder
they talk about micro-grids.

The old Trace SW series was a voltage source inverter, even when grid
tied and is basically why they had
to add that extra inductor box between SW and the grid when selling.  It
could actually help the grid wave-
form voltage if it was distorted because of non-linear loads.

boB