[RE-wrenches] How Is The M215 Doing?

Kirk Herander kirk at vtsolar.com
Wed Feb 1 11:41:07 PST 2012

Of about 500 M190's in the field, I have had -16- failures. I never had a
DOA, but many of the failures have been a result of moisture (water) inside
of their supposed-Nema 6 enclosure. I have about 150 M215's installed with
no problems. The M215 case is much better constructed and compared to the
pop-riveted, flimsy M190 case it would appear less likely for a seal to
become compromised.

Kirk Herander

VT Solar, LLC

dba Vermont Solar Engineering

NABCEPTM Certified installer Charter Member

NYSERDA-eligible Installer

VT RE Incentive Program Partner