[RE-wrenches] Request for Gennie Recommendation

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Tue Jan 17 06:18:42 PST 2012

Bob,

Thanks for the heads up.  Dropping valves sounds alarming.  This one
likely has its 400 hours, as the crew that is working on the house
runs it all day to operate tools and space heat. Maybe like the man
falling out of a 40 story building was heard to say, passing the 20th
floor, so far so good!

Are you disillusioned with Honda?  If so, why?

Thanks,

Drake

At 08:23 PM 1/16/2012, you wrote:

>I am a reformed Honda Engine dealer, last that I knew Honda built NO
>engines to run on propane.
>It seems that after 400 or so hours they had a bad habit of dropping
>a valve from lack of lubrication (or so I ASSume) to the valve train
>I have seen 3 or 4 engines do that, and I have only seen 4 or 5
>Honda engines with propane conversions.
>There are companies that do the conversions and just handle the
>warranty on their own.
>
>Just another opinion,
>Bob Ellison

Drake Chamberlin