[RE-wrenches] battery venting; Corrosion

bob ellison reellison at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 09:18:26 PST 2012

I have had great luck by heating Vaseline to the hot liquid state then brush
it on all the exposed lead and I dip the cable ends also.
Doing this I have had 1 terminal that got corroded out of several hundreds.

That gets you a thin coat and lasts for years.
"Clean and tight" is nice but it gets corroded at some point, and I hate
cleaning 1 terminal or 20!

Later,
Bob Ellison