[RE-wrenches] battery venting; Corrosion

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Thu Jan 5 07:37:03 PST 2012

Almost all RV's have a small, poorly vented battery box with 4 GC2 batteries. We see corrosion all the time. When we replace batteries, we use zinc coated copper terminals and apply a thin layer of grease with a toothbrush to every exposed portion of the connectors. This simple step, with the occasional reapplication, keeps all terminals as fresh as the day installed for many years. I am speaking from experience of hundreds of installations.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems