[RE-wrenches] Best practices for conduit penetration on roof

Rich Nicol rich at solartechvt.com
Sun Nov 25 05:10:42 PST 2012

Wrenches,
We typically run conduit for roof mounts over the edge of the roof to the
eaves, rather than penetrate the roof whenever possible. An upcoming
installation on an freshly asphalt shingled roof requires that we penetrate
the roof for the conduit run (Enphase). I'm wondering if there are any
suggestions for preferred flashing products and best known practices. It's
always seemed to me that the typical Oatey type flashing dries and cracks
eventually.
Thanks for your insights..
Rich