[RE-wrenches] EMT in attic

Nick Vida nickvida at ymail.com
Sat Nov 3 08:41:39 PDT 2012

Hello wrenches,

wondering if any of you are running into inspectors wanting EMT in the attics, or allowing flex only if there is a fusible disconnect on the roof. We have heard this a few time lately and havent yet seen a code reference, (except 690.31e saying metal raceways are fine- not specifying EMT only). I am wondering if this is a new wave of inspectors wanting the future now as informed by an expert seminar, or if there is something I am not aware of. Any comments are very appreciated.

Thank you,

Nick Vida
wrench