[RE-wrenches] Walking back my error re: charge regulation methods

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Thu Nov 1 18:40:31 PDT 2012

Hi, Wrenchies~

I've been remiss in failing to send "props" to Larry Crutcher regarding his
clarification on how battery charge regulation really works. See his post
copied below. I see my error in that current is not directly reduced by the
charge device, but the controller pulses get shorter and shorter to keep
from exceeding the absorption voltage as the battery's internal resistance
rises. The internal resistance presents a sort of "back pressure" so the
amperage does diminish, but the reduced amperage is more of an effect than
a cause.

I'll try to reprogram my remarks along those lines in future. I'm sorry for
any mis-explaining from my side. Thanks, Larry, & again I say: The Wrench
List is the Bomb!

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com

Voice: 970-731-4675