[RE-wrenches] Steel roof attachments

Chris Mason cometenergysystems at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 06:21:44 PDT 2012

I have a large steel roof project to install that is giving me some
problems. There are many locations so no one is the same.
Most of the roofs are steel sheet over steel purloins with no insulation.
The steel sheeting is lying right on top of the purloins.
Can I use a self drilling self tapping screw to attach? Who makes one large
enough?
In some cases I get get to the underneath but working off 30' ladders to
make each attachment is too labour intensive as the warehouses are full of
goods..

In the case of the roofs that have foam filled panels or corrugated I will
have to use EJOT fasteners but these seem overkill for steel on steel
fastening, they are very expensive.

Thanks for the help,
--
Chris Mason