[RE-wrenches] Outback Mate3

penobscotsolar at midmaine.com penobscotsolar at midmaine.com
Sat Oct 20 10:55:52 PDT 2012

Hi Howie,
   Having installed a half dozen Radians so far I have gotten comfortable
fairly quickly with the Mate3. It is much more intuitive than the
original Mate and uses a touch pad similar to an Ipod. I have had an
issue a couple of times not being well grounded and the touch pad was a
bit buggy then, but overall the Mate3 is quite an improvement over it's
predecessor.
   The screen interface showing the FNDC is similar to the Mate2.
   I do think that everyone has varying degrees of intuitiveness about
remotes and on a scale of 1 to 10 I am probably a 6 at best, and yet I
found the Mate3 easy to maneuver and program. I am now using one on my
own system. Just one mans opinion, of course.....

Daryl