[RE-wrenches] Disconnets

Jesse Dahl dahlsolar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 18:42:41 PDT 2012

Hello,

I've been having a long conversation with a local guy
about disconnects that are usable in DC PV circuits.  From what I have
seen, GE, Eaton... they are usable up to the 250VDC it has listed on the
labels, or more if poles are wired in series. The squared D 600Vac/dc is
self tested to 600VDC/pole.  The disconnects in question are not the "solar
disconnects" on the market now.

What are people using for the GDI systems?  I seem to think that if if says
250VDC on the label, that is its rating unless you wire pole in series and
the manufacturer has literature saying that that is acceptable.

Thoughts on the square D self listing?

Jesse