[RE-wrenches] Metal Shingles (Corey Shalanski)

Jeffrey Spies jeff at quickmountpv.com
Wed Aug 8 17:10:14 PDT 2012

Corey,

Quick Mount PV flashed mounts do indeed work with the various stone coated
metal panels made by companies like Decra or Metro.  The mount we use for
these roof sytems would be our QBase with standoff post and the flashing(s)
would be the same ones used in our Universal Tile Mount.  The length of the
post may vary based on the roofing panel and the batten structure under the
panel.

We recently documented the installation procedure for a Decra panel used on
a single batten roof system.  Marshall Green is our trainer that is most
familiar with the installation process and I would be happy to connect you
with him to discuss the proper installation.  The process will vary
depending on which model of stone coated metal panel your customer is using.
There are many configurations of batten or battenless systems that might be
used and also the contour of the stone coated metal panel will influence the
installation procedure.

The process has many similarities to tile installation, but might
necessitate finding additional stone coated metal panels that match the ones
currently used on the roof.  It is also likely that you would need a hand
brake ($200-300 tool) to bend a 90 degree lip on the upper side of the
flashing to get the desired waterproofing configuration.

Feel free to email me at jeff at quickmountpv.com or call me at 480-650-9345
for additional information.