[RE-wrenches] Aluminum Roof shingles flashing

James Reismiller james at abundantsolar.com
Mon Jul 2 16:07:58 PDT 2012

HI All,

   I’m bidding a job that has an existing aluminum shingle roof.  I’m
wondering how to properly flash the penetrations, and what to use for
standoffs.  We typically use Unirac 2-piece aluminum standoffs with Oatey
no-calks on a comp roof.  We have used S5 VB-47’s for face-fastened metal
roofs, but never encountered aluminum shingles yet.  Ideas?

Regards,

James Reismiller

NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer®

Abundant Solar

541-231-8772

CCB#175919

Logo2007-for-outlook

www.abundantsolar.com <http://www.abundantsolar.com/abundantsolar/Home.html>

”I’d put my money on the sun and solar energy. What a source of power! I
hope we don’t have to wait until oil and coal run out before we tackle
that.”-Thomas Edison