[RE-wrenches] L feet no flashing in shingle roof

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Thu Jun 28 15:39:36 PDT 2012

I'm quoting a job that has an existing array with L feet bolted down
to a shingle roof with no flashings.  I want to match the height of
the existing array.  Also some modules are being worked in around
skylights where it is unlikely that room would be available for
flashings to center over rafters.

I've always used flashings.  Would it be completely crazy to follow
suit of the existing array and bolt L feet straight to the shingle
roof with good roof sealant?  If so, how would you seal it?

Thanks,

Drake

Drake Chamberlin
ATHENS ELECTRIC LLC