[RE-wrenches] NABCEP suggestions

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Sat Jun 2 12:12:10 PDT 2012

Thanks Andrew for offering to present the observations and comments to the
NABCEP board for consideration.

I know I am having a hard time staying on this thread due to work load. I
encourage all of you to list in order of priority what you would like to see
different in the NABCEP process.

I live in a state and area that does not have solar Licensing and I do
welcome the accreditation.

There are so many newbie’s coming up and I would hate to see RE get a
bad reputation. I think that the NABCEP process should help to avoid this.

Andrew my list for the NABCEP board is:

1.    Better access - local/proctored testing. The carbon foot print of a 14
hour round trip drive is ridiculous and a waste of time & resources. We
actually had 1 sort of local test after I contacted most of the Colorado
western slope solar companies and it was administered at a local college in
Gunnison. However it was still a 5 hour round trip drive for most of the
companies, instead of being offered in Grand Junction or Montrose [both of
which have colleges of varying sizes] which would have been very central for
the majority of the attendees.

2.    Increasing the test frequency to 3 or even 4 times a year.

3.    A basic PV grid tie cert. for 50KW and under.

4.    Having separate adders for over 50 KW and off grid. These would be
additional and acknowledging that you have passed the basic 50 KW and under.

List away folks & Thanks.

Dana Orzel - Great Solar Works, Inc -  E - dana at solarwork.com -  V
970.626.5253

F - 970.626.4140     C - 970.209.4076     web - www.solarwork.com

"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"

Please consider the environment before printing this email   NABCEP #
051112-136