[RE-wrenches] Skystream supplier (bob ellison)

Ross Taylor ross.taylor at windenergy.com
Sat Apr 28 18:51:58 PDT 2012

Hi Bob, I'm not sure if this was a question or a good-natured (I hope) jab.
 But, since you asked, I think it's appropriate to answer.  We sell
mono-pole towers for the Skystream in heights ranging from 34' to 70' and
we also have guyed towers to 70' as well.  Our most popular tower is the 45
foot and we actually discontinued the 34 foot tower.  But, in places where
that tower works just fine (coastal installations, the plains, etc) our
dealers complained very loudly and requested that we re-instate it.  So, we
did and we do still sell those.

I don't want to derail the original thread and I'm happy to discuss tower
heights with you, perhaps offline, but I would respectfully submit that the
right height for a wind turbine (ours or anyone else's) is that height
which puts the turbine's rotor in clear air.  That height will depend upon
the terrain, vegetation, structures, and the wind conditions/speed.  By
better training our dealers, we're hoping that they will select the right
tower for that site and the conditions which exist there.  And this has,
indeed, led to better installations.  So, this is the reason the OP won't
find a direct sales channel.

Respectfully,

Ross

Message: 1