[RE-wrenches] FW: Hot Trojan Batteries

bob ellison reellison at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 06:58:44 PDT 2012

I have seen this happen in an 80 volt single string of 85 – 17’s.

They got hot enough to melt the cell covers into the cell structures a couple inches.

It was a mess. This was at the same time that the replacement packs were damaged in shipment by something falling on them and smashing a cell top. The factory insisted on returning the entire cases to the factory to replace the cell instead of sending a couple cells and having me replace them.

This is the closest that I have seen a bank to catching fine in 20+ years of doing this type of stuff….

Bob Ellison