[RE-wrenches] No underside access metal building attachment

Kirpal Khalsa solarworks at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 10:01:50 PDT 2012

Lars,
We looked into this and found some "threaded pop rivets" they were
stainless steel and you had to buy the tool and then you just drill from
the top, insert the pop rivet that leaves a threaded shaft facing skyward
that you could attach L feet or other attachments to with a nut and
washer....they guaranteed a waterproof connection and i imagine that you
could always add some Eternabond double sided butyl tape to the bottoms of
your L feet to double ensure the waterproof seal.  They supplied
engineering pullout documentation...you will need to provide them with the
thickness of the purlins, the thickness of the metal roofing, and the
thickness of the insulation if present for them to spec the right size
rivet.

The company we found that had what seemed like it would work well was
Bollhoff - a German company.  They have US distribution so you can source
the tool and materials domestically....
Good luck....

--
Sunny Regards,