[RE-wrenches] SolarEdge v Enphase

Andrew Truitt atruitt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 22:25:03 PST 2012

Does anyone have any experience installing SolarEdge?  The advantage that I
see over microinverters from a reliability standpoint is that the
power optimizers do not contain electrolytic capacitors.  The inverter is
also supposed to last longer since it does not handle the MPPT duties so
the electronics are less complex.

Marv - Do you have any SolarEdge reliability and / or performance data you
can share beyond the white paper on the SolarEdge website?  Also, one issue
that I've had with Enphase is an occasional loss of data transfer between
inverters and the monitoring system - does SolarEdge have that issue?  If
not, how have you overcome it?  Can you share a link to a live SolarEdge
system monitoring interface?

Andrew Truitt
Truitt Renewable Energy Consulting