[RE-wrenches] Landing into a sub-panel without a mainservicepanel, just a main switch

Jason Szumlanski Jason at fafcosolar.com
Fri Dec 23 10:56:13 PST 2011

If you are interested in this discussion, you may want to take a look at “Quality Assurance: NEC Section 705.12 and Utility Interconnections: in SolarPro Magazine, Dec/Jan 2012, Issue 5.1. The 2011 NEC does not clarify supply side connections much.

One frustrating issue I ran into recently was the *location* of PV service disconnects. The AHJ insisted that the PV AC Disco needed to be co-located with the main service disconnect (i.e. inside the house at the MDP). I argued that it could be outside next to the meter as long as the appropriate labels were applied. I lost that battle.

Jason Szumlanski

Fafco Solar