[RE-wrenches] Speaking of outdoor DC lighting...

Tom DeBates habitek83 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 22 08:26:57 PST 2011

hello Wrenches,
   We had a similar project this Spring:
2 - 75 watt, 12V modules (parallel)
1 - Morningstar SunSaver MPPT controller
1- DEKA GEL 12V, 73 Ah battery
1- aluminum enclosure
2 - of the following tubes  http://www.lotusledlights.com/12-volt-led-tubes-p-70.html

    Fused at battery and Load side of controller. Did not provide any other over-current or over-voltage protection (was not called for in tube installation instruction, pretty bare-bone).  We had a tube fail after ~ 1 or 2 months, since then no problems. Most difficult part was trying to program the SS MPPT.  Anyone have tips for doing that?
thanks,
tom

Tom DeBates

Habi-Tek