[RE-wrenches] federal tax credit

Dave Palumbo dave at independentpowerllc.com
Fri Nov 11 11:22:20 PST 2011

I support what Daryl DeJoy said below. Although it's not that
straightforward an issue.
Check out
http://www.dsireusa.org/incentives/incentive.cfm?Incentive_Code=US37F&re=1&e
e=0 you'll see that for Solar Electric, Solar Water Heating, Small Wind and
Geothermal Heat Pumps it is stated "The home served by the system does not
have to be the tax payers principal residence". For Fuel Cells it states "
The Home served must be the taxpayers principal residence".

David Palumbo
Independent Power LLC
462 Solar Way Drive
Hyde Park, VT 05655
www.independentpowerllc.com
NABCEP Certified PV Installer
Vermont Solar Partner
24 Years Experience, (802) 888-7194

<< I read your post and I am far from an expert on tax issues, but one thing
I am sure of is that the home does not have to be the primary residence.
We have at least a dozen clients whose summer homes have benefited from
this incentive and early this question came up. All of these clients have
since used the tax credit on their second, or third residence.>>