[RE-wrenches] Small Off-Grid Inverter Recommendation

Jeff Yago jryago at dtisolar.com
Fri Nov 11 09:40:03 PST 2011

Jeff,

I own several Exeltec inverters for my job trailer, RV, and truck camper,
and found them to put out a very high-quality pure sinewave even in their
smaller models down to 125 watts, when most manufacturers only provide
modified sine wave inverters in these smaller sizes.   They are a little
pricy, but I found them to be rugged, small, quiet, and great to power
satellite systems, DVD players, laptops, and flat screen TV's.  I think they
are sized at 125, 250, 600, 800, and 1,100 watts, with 12 or 24 volt DC
models, and the XP line is certified for Telecom application.  These smaller
models currently do not include a battery charger, but I am told this
feature will soon be available in all of the smaller units.

Jeff Yago

DTI Solar Inc.