[RE-wrenches] Small Off-Grid Inverter Recommendation

Dan Fink buckville at hughes.net
Fri Nov 11 10:02:14 PST 2011

Jeff;

I have experience with the MMS series from Magnum. Nice little
inverter/chargers, low standby losses, but not available in 24v.
I chose them for some remote installations because of small size and
price point. We had trouble with an earlier model that failed when a
generator ran out of gas, but Magnum replaced it free of charge
with a newer one and no issues with that. We also had an issue with
another installation where the inverter did not find the output from a
Honda 3000i to its liking.....problem traced to that individual Honda,
not the Magnum.
--
Dan Fink,
Executive Director