[RE-wrenches] What inverter? (was Faulty PM-60 circuit board)

maverick at mavericksolar.com maverick at mavericksolar.com
Thu Nov 10 19:04:52 PST 2011

I agree that one SMA costs less than 24 M190s, but I get two main advantages,

1. "individual" monitoring of these old modules. (ok, two in string). Any module that can fire up the inverter will report to the enlighten website.

2. Simple expansion of the system. 24 inverters will already be at two sub-arrays and therefore an up-sell could be to get the additional modules added to the system. So the customer can have a smattering of PV over time.

Of course, the SMA implementation can have proper testing of each string to be sure the current is on par with the nameplate wattage.

Of course, I personally would prefer battery-backup.

Thank you,

Maverick

Maverick Brown
BSEET, NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer ®
President & CEO
Maverick Solar Enterprises, Inc.
Office:     512-919-4493
Cell:        512-460-9825