[RE-wrenches] High Voltage MPPT units; Adding battery backup

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 05:05:46 PST 2011

We are getting a little wild here, but take the 600 volt line and run one leg at least through the high voltage relay (tyco kilivolt EV2000 series), then use a 3 pole 240 V transfer switch, using one pole to control the series current through the relay coil.  When the 240 volt switch is opened the relay breaks the circuit, and the transfer switch finishes opening without current.  The 240 volt switch is safe with no load just like a do not open under load other devices we use.
Darryl