[RE-wrenches] What inverter? (was Faulty PM-60 circuit board)

maverick at mavericksolar.com maverick at mavericksolar.com
Wed Nov 9 19:02:27 PST 2011

Joel,

That is the fork in the road... To battery-backup or to Not Battery-backup... That is question.

If you decide to battery-backup, then the SW is still sweet until it just dies. Any day now...

You could switch to a Outback GVFX 3648 or XW 6048 and keep going battery-backup.

If the fork is grid tie only, then I suggest Enphase.

I have upgraded a customer via both routes. The Enphase was quite sweet using M190s with two panels in series to about 35 vmp.

http://www.mavericksolar.net/enphase/kk/en_kk.htm

I would not do both.

Thank you,

Maverick

Maverick Brown
BSEET, NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer ®
President & CEO
Maverick Solar Enterprises, Inc.
Office:     512-919-4493
Cell:        512-460-9825