[RE-wrenches] Inverter with no overload protection?

Dan Fink buckville at hughes.net
Fri Sep 9 18:07:29 PDT 2011

Hi Allan;

That's amazing! I'll make a note of it for sure. I often work with tiny
systems in remote areas that are transported by helicopter and boat, and
even with many inexpensive inverters (for example Statpower) there's at
least a line of automotive blade fuses inside that blow and can be
easily replaced....one customer hit his output line with a snowplow,
just had to buy 12 new fuses.

I highly recommend the Morningstar SureSine. It's bombproof, even for
customers with no electrical knowledge. Just be sure to mount it in an
electrical box, as there are no knockouts on the unit to clamp down the
DC or AC wires.

Dan Fink
Executive Director;
Buckville Energy Consulting
Buckville Publications LLC
NABCEP / IREC / ISPQ accredited Continuing Education Providers
http://www.buckville.com/
info at buckville.com
970.672.4342 (voicemail)
970.373.1311 (fax)