[RE-wrenches] unique battery bank design question

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Fri Sep 2 18:57:54 PDT 2011

There is only one 12 volt tap and one 24 volt tap plus ground. Picture two 12 volt batteries in series for 24 volts with the center going to the 12 volt tap. The only other positive voltage source is the 24 volt connection. The equalizer pulls from that terminal to maintain equilibrium between the two batteries.