[RE-wrenches] Large, off grid

penobscotsolar at midmaine.com penobscotsolar at midmaine.com
Tue Aug 16 05:04:25 PDT 2011

Darryl, Bob and everyone else who helped,
   After careful consideration and much research and advice from all you
wrenches, my decision is to use Exeltech MX series inverters. They have
an almost tailor made solution for this system, redundancy built in,
"no down time" replacement of separate inverters and altogether a very
impressive 60 kw, three phase system. I will be looking for high end 48
volt battery chargers to run off the three phase gennie at the site, as
these inverters do not have built in charging capacity and I welcome
any suggestions. My concerns, as with the inverters and the BOS, is
that they have longevity in hot, salty environments. As with the MX
system, I want chargers with aluminum cases, conformally coated boards
and that use brass and stainless hardware. Any ideas?

Thanks for all you suggestions,
Daryl DeJoy
NABCEP Certified PV installer
Penobscot Solar Design