[RE-wrenches] Large, off grid

Jeff Oldham starpower4u at juno.com
Fri Aug 19 14:23:26 PDT 2011

The new Outback Radian GS8048 (aptly nicknamed "The Beast") is one extremely impressive inverter! I've been beta testing one on a customer's system for a couple of months and it is a beast alright! However, it will not do 3 phase at this time. It has 2) 4kW 120/240V modules in it, if one fails the other continues to provide split phase and it can be field serviced and new firmware field upgraded as well. No load idle draw is only 30W max., I'm not aware of any 8kW inverter that is this low. But this bad boy really shines in motor surge. This customer has a full wood shop that was powered by his 15kW genset, that could only run one 3hp motor at a time, a second start would stall the genny. Not with the Beast, we turned on the 3hp table saw, then a 3hp compressor, then a 2hp planner and then and then and then until we had EVERY motor in his shop running, there were a total of 12.5 h.p. of motors running along with house loads and the Beast begged for more. The owners dream of having a honkin' dust vac system can now be fulfilled! It is shipping now as I understand it. Also this is a new look for an inverter, it looks a lot like an appliance (tankless water heater), no led's, switches, displays, nada just a very clean looking SS cabinet. Will only interface with the Mate3, another impressive Outback product albiet pricey but well worth the money.

>From the Solar, Wind and Hydro powered office of Jeff Oldham/Regenerative SOLutions
Penny Stock Jumping 3000%
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4e4ed4a5d9ffb7721a5st02vuc