[RE-wrenches] 2 SW inverters on three phase

boB Gudgel boB at midnitesolar.com
Thu Jul 28 12:47:12 PDT 2011

On 7/28/2011 12:32 PM, William Miller wrote:
> Friends:
>
> First of all, the inverters are PS series, not SW.
>
> Second, I have created a solution:  I can acquire a transformer that
> will connect a primary across two of the 208 generator phases and
> create 120/240 off of the secondary.  This will imbalance the
> generator but the genset is 37 kva so the inverter loads are
> inconsequential.
>
> William

That should work.

I seem to remember that the SW and PS, even when stacked with the cable
will sync up to the generator
or grid by whatever is presented at its grid or gen input. I think the
stacking cable only synched up the inverter phase to
be 180 degrees when inverting as well as coordinating the charging
functions.

Your transformer would certainly keep away the re-synching from 120
degrees to 180 degrees as Phil was talking about.

Otherwise, some kind of delay-relay might have been necessary until the
phases got right if 240V loads were on the
PS outputs.

boB