[RE-wrenches] shatterproof PV

Carl Adams swingjunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 18:19:26 PDT 2011

Marco,

We have a 60kW a few blocks from the shop which was installed in 2009.  It
sets on the left and center of the field.  In conversation with the
facilities manager earlier this year he said they have replaced 4 modules in
the past two seasons, and "don't let anyone tell you that PV modules will
withstand an impact from a baseball". He also noted that he get's a lot of
positive comments from the players and families who see this array every
time they are at the park. How about getting an agreement where you get to
put up a PVT Hawaii sign on the field andin exchnage you agree to replace
any modules broken due to baseball strikes.  You could consider any loss a
solar advertising fee.  Either way, my suggestion would be stock some extra
modules and plan on replacing a few.

Cheers
Carl Adams
SunRock Solar