[RE-wrenches] Ballpark Cost/Watt

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Fri Jun 10 13:15:25 PDT 2011

Hi Wrenches -

Most of you already know this, but California solar data, including
installed costs, is public information found here:

http://www.californiasolarstatistics.org/current_data_files/

Searching for data on other ~ 1MW systems will help you hone in on at least
a ballpark figure but there are many variables - labor wage rates,
electrical service provisions, other job difficulties, ownership/loan
structure, etc . And looking at reputable companies helps too.

You don't want to get your price wrong when 1 MW is at stake! I've seen
installers go out of business on much smaller systems...

Good luck! -August