[RE-wrenches] Battery interconnect cable length

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Tue Jun 7 10:30:41 PDT 2011

We once cooked a T105 in an Electric vehicle situation, where the
terminal was loose and cause the lead around the bolt to melt. They're
just bolts set in lead. I removed the original bolt, and then drilled
and tapped into some solid lead to the side of the damage. I was able to
screw in a 1/4" stud, and make the battery operational again. (Don't go
too deep, Boom!)
I later sold the battery at a significant discount to a DIY friend. It
worked fine for him, but you don't want to be setting up a regular
customer with something that MIckey Mouse.
Seems like the battery manu owes you a battery, I've had over 1000
batteries installed, and I never had a new post do that (of course I use
WIndy Dankoff's magic battery butter (vaseline)on everything during
assembly)

Ray