[RE-wrenches] Battery interconnect cable length

bob ellison reellison at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 02:01:32 PDT 2011

Benn,

What I am talking about is welding the lead cell interconnects between
battery cells. Not welding cables to the lead posts, that would be a recipe
for disaster.

As far as the galling threaded post, if you try to cut it off it might
wiggle enough to break it internally, nothing good down that road. If you
cut it off is there enough room to get a nut and lock washer on the
remaining stud?

Overall the easy cure is probably replacement, anything else is iffy. But if
it works it saves you the cost of a battery.

Bob Ellison