[RE-wrenches] 24 volt Battery Bank comparison

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Fri Jun 3 15:04:39 PDT 2011

So would you agree that  battery inequalities show up more at:
a) high discharge/charge rates (greater than C5)
b) higher battery voltages (more cells in series, over 48v)
c) more parallel strings
d) bad/ corroded/ loose connections
e)lack of initial EQ/ activation charge and periodic EQ after long or
heavy discharges
f) main cables not at least wired to opposite sides of battery bank or
better: separate parallel cables to buss bar
h) lack of maintenance (watering, uneven cell temperatures)
Did I miss anything?

Ray