[RE-wrenches] Xantrex 3 XW system bypass

Gary Willett icarussolar at verizon.net
Mon May 16 15:12:43 PDT 2011

Jason:

A possible solution might be a 3-pole / 3-wire manual transfer switch,
or an automatic transfer switch that has manual transfer capability.

If the three Xantrex XW inverters are in a WYE configuration and set up
as a "separately derived system", you will need a 4-pole / 4-wire ATS so
the neutral can be switched too.

    Put the 3-phase grid connection on the "utility in" of the ATS

    Put the 3-phase service panel on the "load out" of the ATS

    Put the Xantrex 3-phase AC outputs on the "generator in" side of the ATS

Here are some sources you may want to peruse:

    EMERSON / ASCO:
    http://www.emersonnetworkpower.com/en-US/Products/PowerSwitchingandControls/PowerTransferSwitches/Pages/default.aspx

    GENERAL ELECTRIC:
    http://www.gedigitalenergy.com/powerquality/ATSHome.htm

    RONK: http://www.ronkelectrical.com/pdfstech/METERRITE%20GL.pdf

    EATON / CUTLER-HAMMER:
    http://www.eaton.com/Electrical/USA/ProductsandServices/ElectricalDistribution/ATS/index.htm

Regards,

Gary Willett, PE

Icarus Engineering / Solar Services LLC
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer # 031310-246

<mailto:Gary at IcarusSolarServices.com>