[RE-wrenches] 120 volt inverter to 480 3 phase

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Thu May 12 16:38:55 PDT 2011

Most facilities that have 480 volt service have either 120/208 or 120/240 volt
transformers to provide plug loads.  You connect to one of these transformers.
If in the rare case you do not have any plug load transformer you provide a
120-480 or 120-277 volt transformer.

If your service is   277/480 V  and you have 120-208 plug load transformer
servicing the building, and your critical loads are 120 208 three phase, you can
service these loads with the Three phase 120 volt outbacks set to three phase.
If the load is about 10kW or larger you will need the new outback units (8kW in
a box)

DT