[RE-wrenches] Dangerous installs/installers..

bob ellison reellison at gmail.com
Sun May 8 04:27:53 PDT 2011

I have a fellow in this area that does bad installs and he is on the NYSERDA list.

I get called a couple times a year to upgrade / repair his installs.

It is not uncommon to find the incoming solar run into the building and inside the walls using rubber cord, (SO cord) no disconnect, just run it from the panels into the outside wall and through the studs around the building. Then coming out and going into the controller. In one case the batteries were on a rack with no venting in the same room with his wood furnace. The owner explained that it was “safe” because the walls were ¾ fire rated dry wall!

Yep, that helps.

Just thought I would add this to the list, because they are out there.

Bob Ellison