[RE-wrenches] Acid spill...

Bruce Geddes bruce.g at ruralinzone.net
Sun May 1 15:24:54 PDT 2011

Hi Carl,
            Unless you ordered special acid, these come shipped with SG of 1295 to cope with the deep cycling experienced by forklifts.  I would suggest balancing acid levels and adding enough distilled water to cover the plates, do a charge and measure electrolyte SG's.  That will tell you if you need to add acid or H2O to get down to around 1250.

Shipping these with factory acid SG to the islands is not a great idea as the higher acid concentration in those temperatures will cause more rapid grid corrosion and premature failure.  Diluting acid prolongs life but lowers capacity.

Cheers,
Bruce