[RE-wrenches] PV powered music festival

Jason Szumlanski Jason at fafcosolar.com
Wed Apr 27 18:31:12 PDT 2011

Yep- lighting can be a killer, especially if not LED. I have experience with mobile solar and stage power. Email me directly for more info. I can tell you that I just did an Earth Day concert (3 years running) with a mobile solar trailer for 3000 people and they did not make a Magnum 4048 groan. Admittedly, it is a small stage setup. It really depends on the event.

Stage people and performers love to tell you, "I need three 15A outlets and one 20A outlet," and then they draw a MAX of 5,000W and well under 10kwh for a 4 hour concert. They have no idea what they really need in terms of RE power.

Hint: bring a big battery and big inverter- you'll be fine.

Jason Szumlanski
Fafco Solar