[RE-wrenches] Trickle charge a generator cranking battery?

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Mon Apr 18 22:52:56 PDT 2011

David:

Thanks for the reply.  Today I installed a 6 watt module.  This job is a
long drive so I could not pre-measure the idle draw.  The generator draws
145 mA when not running.  The 6 watt module charges at 300 mA.

As I figure it, with 4.5 average full sun hours, my module has about 1/2 as
much output as needed.

Your generator battery remains charged with a 10 watt module.  I wonder if
your generator draws less?  Do you run your generator often?  Does it self
charge?

Thanks,

William Miller