[RE-wrenches] Sunny boy 1800

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Wed Apr 6 16:55:34 PDT 2011

Jesse -

Did you happen to measure the array voltage when the problem was occurring?
I ran into a sort of similar issue to this where the string voltage was just
a little too low and once the panels warmed up they would drop out of MPP
range. Just a thought. Any idea what the string configuration is?

Also, this might be a link to your manual, good 'ole Google:
http://www.kyocerasolar.com/pdf/specsheets/sb1800_owner.pdf

And the spec sheet:
http://152.1.103.103/GRIDc/components/SunnyBoy1800spec.pdf

 -August

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 4:41 PM, Jesse Dahl <dahlsolar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wrenches,
>
> I've been working on a sunny boy 1800 with some problems. There is no
> manual and SMA website does not have it available.  I need to watch the
> lights on the inverter to find the problem, but I'm not there now and I
> can't get this off my mind, so I will ask the esteemed members of this list.
>
> When it's cloudy, the inverter comes on and loads the array. I can watch
> the sunny keeper watts reading rise until it get around 1000w and full sun
> hits the array.  Once full sun hits the array, the inverter drops out.  It
> did it three times to me today, and the inverter will not come on during
> full sun. Grid volts and hz are okay durning this.
>
> I know it's impossible to troubleshoot like this, but anyone deal with
> problems like this?
>

> Thanks for the help!
>

> Jesse Dahl
>
> Sent from my iPad!!!