[RE-wrenches] Slow clocks

Nathan Jones solardude97 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 15:19:34 PDT 2011

Kristopher,
This is not that uncommon on gensets that are close to max output during the bulk charge runup to absorption. If the regulation let's the frequency pull down the clock will slow down also. If the no load frequency is set higher than 60HZ so the motor pulls down to this RPM under heavy load the motor may run well above 60HZ as the amps taper off and the clocks run fast instead of slow. There may be adjustment on the fuel setting on the genset but he probably has his choice of too fast or too slow depending on which charging phase he wants at dead on 60HZ.
Nathan Jones
Power Source Solar Inc
Springfield, Mo