[RE-wrenches] Slow clocks

Kent Osterberg kent at coveoregon.com
Mon Apr 4 18:20:27 PDT 2011

Kris,

Even with generators using an electronic governor, the frequency changes
with load. Also while inverters are stable their frequency is not as
accurate as utility power. Clocks that use the ac frequency as the time
standard will not work reliably when powered with off-grid power. Such
should be disclosed in any contract to install an off-grid power system.

Kent Osterberg
Blue Mountain Solar