[RE-wrenches] Battery Box Labeling

Rob Shappell rob at nwes.com
Fri Mar 25 08:28:32 PDT 2011

Here is a link to one of many companies that provide labels.
http://www.labelmaster.com/resources/placardfinder/pfcacher.cfm?UNNumber=279
4. UN2794 is well understood in the firefighter world and so is the
"Corrosive 8" placard. These are generally considered shipping labels, but
will get the message to the firefighters in as few words as possible. If you
check out the MSDS sheet for a particular battery it will tell you how to
fight the fire and I'll bet it says not to use water. If you want to use
your own text here is some common wording on shipping documents. Warning;
Batteries wet filled with acid. UN2794

Rob Shappell
Northwest Energy Storage
Solar-One Batteries